Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Tea Cart with Birds Stencil


Here's the tea cart I mentioned in my Chevron Tea Cart. If you'd like to see my posting here. This tea cart is a little bit wider in depth than the previous one. I wanted to make something different out of it but I am not really sure what it was. Here's I came up with:



Here's how I started. I first sanded it.

I painted the top first because I got excited to do a stencil on top.

 Here's the one I made. But I did not like it. I tried to save some money here by using a craft paint. End result? Not good. :( 

I decided to repaint the top and followed the body. (See where I did it? In my dining area. I don't have any space to do it.)

Here's the leaf after repainting it. I decided to use the same technique I used in my stencilled throw pillow case. 
See technique here. Except here I used spray paint.

I placed the stencil and cover the rest with newspaper.

Spray painted it with brown.

Used two stencil. Here's the result. And I love it. 

I reassembled the cart and here's the view with one leaf up.

 Two leaves up.

And a leaf down. Sorry for the blurred photo.

Did I make the right decision to change the stencil? Let me know what you think. Feel free to pin it if you like it. Thanks for viewing.

And He said to them, "Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you,
if you have faith as a mustard seed, you shall say to this mountain, 
'Move from here to there,' and it shall move; 
and nothing shall be impossible to you. - Matthew 17:20



Photobucket
Dragonfly Designs

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! If you get tired of it....... :P
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks in support of sharing such a fastidious idea, post is fastidious, thats why i have read it completely

    Feel free to surf to my web blog cenaless alguem ja tomou

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered spearmint tea while researching natural methods of treating PCOS symptoms. healthy tea perth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a wonderful day! Thanks for choosing me as your Stampin Up Demonstrator!!Matchado

    ReplyDelete